CLEAR Coverage2 is perfect for customers looking for a small safety net for their checking account with reduced overdraft fees. Protect yourself knowing you'll be covered if a small balancing mistake or unplanned expense puts your account a little under! Let's say you have a $0 available balance in your checking account and make two debit card purchases; a $10 gas purchase and a $20 grocery purchase. While you made $30 in purchases beyond your account available balance and in your Grace Zone, with CLEAR Coverage you saved $60 in overdraft fees.
Personal Checking Accounts
Easy Checking1 saves you time and money. There’s no minimum balance, no monthly service fee and no per check fee. It also comes with convenient and exciting extras like free Mobile Banking.
Refer a friend, get $10! Help your friends get out of their old checking accounts and into our Easy Checking with our Tell-A-Friend program. For each new checking account that you refer to us, you'll get $10 deposited into your account the next business day.
Why it's easy:
- Visa® Debit card with no annual fee
- Unlimited check writing
- FREE transactions at BestBank ATMs
- FREE BillPay: once you try it you'll never go back
- FREE Mobile Banking: quickly deposit paper checks using your phone, pay nearly any bill, and find local branches and more — all from your phone.
- FREE Alerts: keep tabs on your account by setting up customized alerts via email
- FREE of minimum balance requirement so none of your money is tied up
- FREE Online Statements: or paper statements for $2 per month
Coverage Checking2 was created to help protect hardworking people. For a small monthly fee, you gain the reassurance of a $50 Grace Zone. (Yes, you read that right.) So if you happen to overdraft by a little, the Grace Zone could save you money in the long run— not to mention, peace of mind.
Coverage Checking provides overdraft coverage with reduced overdraft fees of $7 per item for overdrafts and fees that total no more than $50 in excess of your available balance. This is known as the Grace Zone.
Coverage Checking includes Easy Checking plus CLEAR Coverage, with great features like:
- No minimum balance
- Mobile banking and billpay
- Visa®Debit card with no annual fee
Plus some extra CLEAR Coverage in case you need it:
- Payment protection within $50 Grace Zone
- Overdraft fees within the Grace Zone only cost $7
- All for just $10 per month
If you like the ease and reliability of a prepaid card, you’re going to love Relationship Checking3 - a checking account with no overdraft fees.
Unlike a prepaid card, you get full access to our helpful branches and valuable services, like no check cashing fees and free Online BillPay.
You’ll find Relationship Checking is a better way to manage your finances. For one low fee of $10 per month you get the tools you need for today, like Visa®Debit card and check writing with no per check fees. And most importantly, the support of our professional bankers to help you build a better tomorrow. You can choose between Online Statements for free or paper statements for $2 per month.
What's included with our checking accounts
|Checks||Available, Fee Varies||Available, Fee Varies|
|Visa® Debit Card||No Annual Fee||No Annual Fee|
|Monthly Service Fee||None||$10|
|Minimum Balance Req||None||None|
|Painless Qualification||Yes||Yes- you could qualify even if you have a Chex Systems record|
Power Up Your Account
Breaking it down, Credit Builder4 is a personal loan secured by a Certificate of Deposit (CD). You pay the loan back on time, and you start on the path to improving your score. It's that simple. If you're leery of banks, and more importantly, what they promise—we get it. The thing is, Credit Builder is different. Once approved, there's no down payment, and no need to wipe out your savings paying unreasonable fees. All we ask is that you're responsible and accountable. We'll handle reporting your payments to the credit bureaus, so you can focus on the real goal: Raising your credit score.
1Personal accounts only. Minimum to open Easy Checking is $25. No minimum balance. Monthly maintenance fee is $5 for accounts opened in the state of Illinois. No monthly maintenance fee for accounts opened in the state of Minnesota and Wisconsin. If the account has paper statements a $2 monthly fee applies. Other fees may apply, such as overdraft fee and early closing fee. See the Consumer Account and Deposit Disclosure for terms and fees that may apply and for information on how to avoid the maintenance fee. Terms and fees are subject to change. Bank rules and regulations apply. Account opening is subject to approval.
2Clear Coverage is an optional service, available for personal checking accounts. This service provides overdraft coverage with reduced overdraft fees of $7 per item for overdrafts and fees that total no more than $50 in excess of the available balance. This is known as the Grace Zone. The cost is $10 per month. Paying overdrafts beyond the Grace Zone is not guaranteed and we typically do not pay overdrafts if you are consecutively overdrawn for an extended period of time, owe money on a Fresh Start or closed account, or not making regular deposits. Standard overdraft fees of $37 per item will apply for overdrafts beyond the Grace Zone. A fee may be imposed for covering overdrafts created by ATM and everyday debit card transactions (if you are enrolled in the overdraft service for those transactions), checks and other transactions made using your checking account number, automated bill payments and preauthorized electronic debits, telephone-initiated, online banking, or electronic transfers and recurring debit card transactions. You must repay an overdraft as soon as possible to avoid the $37 continuous overdrawn fee charged when your available balance remains negative for 10 calendar days. Excessive use of any overdraft service is costly and discouraged. Fees and terms are subject to change. See the CLEAR Coverage Service Agreement.
3Personal accounts only. Minimum to open Relationship Checking is $25. A $10 monthly service fee applies. If the account has paper statements a $2 monthly fee applies. Account is not eligible for the courtesy overdraft service. See the Relationship Checking Account Disclosure and Deposit Disclosure for terms and fees that may apply. Terms and fees are subject to change. Account opening is subject to approval.
4 Results are not guaranteed
- Credit Builder Loan is subject to application, eligibility and credit qualification. Rates and terms are subject to change. Improvement in credit score is dependent on multiple factors specific to your situation and financial behavior. For example, late payments on utility bills, car loans or credit card accounts would negatively influence your credit score, even if your payments on a Credit Builder Loan are current.
- Failure to make required monthly minimum payments by the payment due date for the Credit Builder Loan will result in negative reporting to the credit bureau and will not improve your credit score.
- This product will not repair your credit, and negative credit history will not be removed from your credit report as a result of this program.
- Money Back Refund of interest paid requires that all Credit Builder loan payments must be made within 29 days of their due dates for the full five-year term.